Friday, July 10, 2009

re-focus

Over 2 months ago, during a particularly disenheartening day at work, I realized I needed a re-focus. Well, I've finally gotten around to it! Today is my last day of vacation, not counting the coming weekend. Needless to say, I am quite sad... I've had a wonderful week with my son and I don't want it to end. I've also spent the time re-thinking and I'm more than a bit bummed at where I seem to be heading.

First and foremost, I've had an epiphany, if it's fair to call it that. I guess it was more of an aha-moment when a light bulb went off for a topic I've been preaching, but not practicing. That was the epiphany: that I was not practicing what I've been preaching...

Focus, focus, focus. I came across a saying (no credit): having too many goals is the same as not have any.

Wow. Like I said, an epiphany.

I have spent what feels like years, and probably has been, thinking I would pursue all my interests little by little. A book here, a project there... but not exactly accomplishing much, I don't think. Or maybe not accomplishing enough at the speed I'd like. So, I'm really going to try this focus-thing and the first focus is going to be on my finances. Considering I've had an identify theft issue and want to quit my day job, seems like the PERFECT place to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home