Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Elaborating

I stumbled upon the 31 day challenge surfing the 'net. The article was about people committing to one change to their lifestyle everyday for 31 days straight. I go into it thinking it would be about dietariy changes & exercise, but to my surprise it went beyond that. Probably the most interesting was the woman who committed to wearing lipstick everyday.

Pretty simple, huh?

This got me thinking about what I could commit to for 31 days... I ruled out wearing lipstick every day! I am NOT much for wearing make-up. Then it occured to me that this is probably exactly what I should commit to... something I've gotten lazy about.

Hmmm.

My list became quite long as I pondered and in the end it boiled down to DISCIPLINE. I realized I've become quite lax over the past several years. Dishes pile up in the sink over several days, the bed will go unmade all week, my clothes accumulate on the closet floor as I change from one outfit to the next, sometimes I just don't feel like washing my face before bed!

So, my 31 day challenge has been about doing alot of things - things I should already be doing but had given myself a pass on. I'm still not getting up a half hour early to go for a walk, but things are getting done: laundry, dishes, daily straightening up...

Still my biggest challenge (ok, I know it's only been 2 days!) is "dressing me up" - taking the time to fix my hair, put on make-up and making sure clothes match. Going to get my "girl" back on. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home