Sunday, May 22, 2011

Desk Shot: high aspirations


I've not been blogging lately...  distracted with a long to-do-list.  My work life has overtaken my focus & my mind.  Even days when I took time off for "me," I've ended up working, just not in the office.  I need 2 things, right now:  to finish it all up so I can free up some time and I need some time away.  Really, really away.

My desk shot is a nod to my new, albeit high, aspirations.  All of these books are on my priority to read list but I can't seem to get started.  I'm a bedtime reader - it's how I relax - so I'm totally unmotivated to read any of these books as a means of escape.  Instead, I'm going to take them, one by one, to work & read a chapter during my lunch hour. Mostly motivated to do this so I can take notes, if I'm compelled to - and I'm expecting to be compelled to.

Yesterday I took a portrait photography class.  It was interesting but I didn't learn $75 - wait, make that $78 due to the $3 fee of paying via PayPal, which I was required to do because this was my first class - worth of portrait taking.  The main thing I learned is that I don't know my camera well enough...  that is absolutely my next priority.  The other thing I learned is that I can take good portrait shots!  I know cuz I did.  And I needed that boost of confidence.  But then I got bored and I cut it short by an hour & a half.  Probably not a good thing but my son was playing a baseball game & the lure of being there instead of where I was took over.  So I bailed.

But I'm going to put the 2 hours I did give it to good use Tuesday when I take pictures of a friend's daughter for her graduation.  Stepping out of my element, which is a good thing & part of my goals for 2011.  So there.

After 2 days of non-stop baseball, I've got a ton of pictures to download & share with the other parents.  Making that a priority this week.

My personal to-do-list is quite long... Tonight, I'll tackle that.  It will be done before I go to bed.  Including getting my niece's & nephew's late birthday presents together to be mailed.  This is ridiculous.  One's birthday was in March & the other's was 2 weeks ago.  Really????  Yes, really.  I'm a terrible aunt.

I'd like to see a movie this week, if we can work it in.  The new Pirates movie is out and would make a good escape for me & my son.  This week is all about me!  My birthday is Friday so I'm entitled.  Hello, 46.

Ugh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home