Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I am in need of a serious vacation...



I absolutely cannot wait!  I just booked my flight to White Plains, NY - I am going to THE Sleepy Hollow Cemetery...  by myself cuz I'm beast like that.

Actually, there is purpose to this - I just discovered, last night I think, that my great-grandparents on my father's side have a family plot at that historic cemetery.  Researching, as I am so prone to do, and learning more of it's lore, I'm jumping out of my skin with anticipation.  "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" has always held a fascination with me - I'd have to say it's one of my favorites (poor Ichabod Crane!), so I would have been enthralled with this cemetery whether there was a family connection or not...

I don't  know much about my father's family - I don't know much about my father.  He died this past June and his wife gave me some family papers.  Inside I found my grandfather's death certificate and my great-grandmother's will...  and so the internet search began and VIOLA!  I found my great-grandparents' gravesites.

I just happen to be traveling to Pennsylvania for another family tribute so am leaving a few days early to squeak in the White Plains trip.

The best part of my plans is I'm going SOLO.

I love traveling alone, exploring at my own pace and having my own adventures.

I need this mini getaway sooooo bad!  I am excited beyond belief!

Yay, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home