Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Desk Shot... belated...


This was my desk shot Thursday of last week, Thanksgiving Day.  I was working, which is NOT a bad thing, honestly.  Everyone expresses sympathy when I tell them that, but I really did not mind.  It was a good time to be alone with my thoughts, remind myself of my many, many blessings and map out the whirlwind of activity awaiting me through the rest of the year...  So a good day!  My desk shot shows me starting to map out Christmas (for me!, haha), my Troll Bead bracelet that I finally put together - I chose only those charms & beads that reflected the ocean as a tribute to my passion & fascination with it - and my camera because I needed to download my pictures and select which ones will make up our Christmas card this year...  Mission Accomplished on all 3.  Cards are ready already, too.  I pick them up tonight (that's probably a hint of what the next Desk Shot is going to be, huh?).  What a load off...
In thinking thru this past year, I can't help but reflect on what I've NOT accomplished.  I set some high goals for myself and my mantra was "not again in 2010," but yet, here I am 11 months in & pretty much still at the same place.  Bummer!  Although I have not been un-productive, the things I swore I'd work on, seriously work on, change (go to church, eat healthier, start an exercise program, pay off my debt, simplify-&-declutter...) have just not been enough of a focus.  More of a constant nagging that I conveniently ignored.  ~sigh~
So, I have one month to get my head on, map out a plan to make some serious changes, work on SELF-DISCIPLINE (obviously a short coming of mine) and get my butt in gear.  Shrugging off "not again in 2010" and adopting "Focus Seven in 2011."
More on this later...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home